Thursday, June 15, 2017

Mago Bill: a little backstory

Mago Bill animates my connection to history, and more.
He connects me to the US and to the history of Ireland, and from there to history far and wide. "He" helps me to get far back into ancient history and prehistory. And, it seems that, there is a very far back.
* He seems to help me to explore time and space.
* He helps me to see aspects of the ageless wisdom teaching anew.
* He helps me to fresh views of governance, politics, and philosophy.

I need all the help I can get.

A Mago Bill may well have been my paternal great grandfather.

Mago is a very old Irish name, probably picked up from the Phoenicians or the Carthaginians. In the US the name seems to have given Mago some trouble. For there he began to sign his name M. William Sheehan.

                    Here it does not seem unreasonable to add a bit about the connection I feel between Mago and Sheehan. As a US citizen my paternal great grandfather was M. William Sheehan. As I have indicated earlier the "M" stood for Mago. Mago is not an easy name to carry in the U.S. William is a more well known in the US and many Williams are call Bill or Will. As I continue to explore her on thus blogsite, I find it historically significant. The name Mago Bill may be used only by me. I use it because it causes me to smile and site up straight. There are several post at this site that mention Mago, Mago Bill, or both. By looking you are likely to find something of interest to you.

 

 



RCS is the way I will note that a post an essay or the like is written by
Richard Carroll Sheehan