Friday, July 24, 2020

What's There to Like in an Organization

Some of What I like 

I know that organization increases our power enormously. I know that our organization informs and educates us well.


                    We are capable of forgetting the pleasures and satisfactions  of organization. I expect that the pleasures and satisfactions I am recalling just now will not be the same as yours. Still among mine you may find one or two of yours.

                    I have an interest in ad hoc organizations and and those of longer term.
Below are many of my personal likes in organizations. You may find some of your likes listed.

An organization which attracts me often has:
~ members who feel connected, involve, and respected.
~ the motive of helping me and others to thrive.
~ a clear understanding of costs and benefits.
~ members who promote widespread participation and responsibility.
~ members who embrace reality and who are willing to approach the truth.
~ members who value honesty and justice.
~ a mission I find valuable and pleasing.
~ plenty of talk in which all participate.

An organization which pleases me is one which:
~ Keeps me in the information loop.
~ most members feel well connected with leadership.
~ Makes very clear who pays how much and who gets what.
~ moves in the direction of democracy.
~ tends to be inclusive.
~ tends to safeguard that which I value.
~ includes those who study and promote actions good for me and others.
~ advocates and protects people and process important to me.
~ promotes dialogue which leads to appropriate action.

I find an organization congenial when it includes:
~ teaching the process of organizing.
~ the purpose of advocating and protecting me.
~ objectives very like my own.
~ intelligent, respectful, loving ladies.

                I am very interested in hearing of your likes in organizations. I expect to post more about organization and organizing. Dialogue skills are organizational skills for all participants in society.

                Organizing can be a wonderful move toward governance.

                More as soon as I can.

                Thank you for reading. Take some


                                                                                                            RCS